Opinion of IPTV streaming devices

Advertise with us

Welcome!
Join this incredible group of like-minded people and start discussing everything IPTV.
Register now
Oct 6, 2022
UK
Hello everyone !
I have an old Android TV box branded with the logo X92. Its several years old, but I did manage to test a trial streaming service for 48 hrs using the Smarters App installed on it. It was slow and clunky but kinda worked...
I was just wondering if there is any general opinion on what would be the best IPTV streaming device to buy ? There is a lot of talk about the Amazon Firestick 4K... is that adequate ? I hear a lot of talk about MAG boxes but also heard them criticized! It would be nice to hear about any 4K devices that are powerful enough to be "slick" but reasonably priced ? Should I avoid "generic" unbranded Chinese boxes or are they considered OK ? I'm guessing its CPU and GPU, ROM and RAM figures I should be considering ?
Any comments welcomed.
Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: Jaclynn Gee

JackxStreaming

Nov 1, 2022
UK
You should consider getting Firestick 4K it will be good for all the use cases and avoid Chinese boxes i used many but firesticks works like a charm

Oct 6, 2022
UK
Thank you guys for the feedback !! At around £50 GBP for the 4K firestick (cheaper in sales etc) I think its a pretty good place to start ! I was just a bit concerned about wifi connectivity etc particularly if its hiding behind a TV - but a HDMI extension may help with that ! I just wasnt sure whether some generic chinese boxes would be more flexible or more powerful - but I think if a 4K firestick can take the relevant apps and produce decent 4K video its worth the money. Thanks. And thank you for putting out a couple of other suggestions.

Reactions: 10/4liljoe

@tealcavalon

Staff member
May 9, 2022
World
I do have to say that from my experience Formuler boxs are the best, true they aren't cheap, but providing a solution that has a way to increase with the service without limitation is actually a must for me, the only thing that lack on this Formulers boxs is the Android TV specific software, it comes with latest android for the specific model of the box but overall Android TV experience would be appreciated.
Overall I also find that MyTVOnline v2 and v3 apps for the Formulers are just the best user experience there is, and also a no brainer in setting up. If you do choose to try out Formuler, I can recommend Formuler Z10 PRO.

Oct 6, 2022
UK
THank you. I checked out the Formuler Z10 PRO on Amazon... currently £120. Looks like a pretty slick box ! And apparently has ability to record onto usb/memory card ! I may take another look for a bargain on Black Friday ! It looks like Mytvonline 3 on a Formuler box is a pretty decent setup - particularly if its possible to record onto USB etc. Key thing next would be to find a decent stream provider ! (specifically UK channels)

@tealcavalon

Staff member
May 9, 2022
World
THank you. I checked out the Formuler Z10 PRO on Amazon... currently £120. Looks like a pretty slick box ! And apparently has ability to record onto usb/memory card ! I may take another look for a bargain on Black Friday ! It looks like Mytvonline 3 on a Formuler box is a pretty decent setup - particularly if its possible to record onto USB etc. Key thing next would be to find a decent stream provider ! (specifically UK channels)
Yes you can record onto a USB stick, it works great.
If you're looking for a restreamer of UK channels let me know on telegram I can help you out on that department.

@tealcavalon

Reactions: steviemcjj
Oct 9, 2022
Uk
The 4K MAX firestick is cheapest option I supply, I’ll happily lose a customer cause I won’t supply cheaper. The 2gig of ram really does make for a much better viewing experience than 1.5 in the 4K version. The shield tube is good to which can be picked up second hand for £60 if you keep an eye on Facebook, the shield pro is great if ya got kids but don’t want a dedicated console get newer version though. Then ya got the Amazon cube etc but truth be told 4K max is the lowest sweet spot in my opinion.

Reactions: Memphis
Oct 6, 2022
UK
Thanks guys ! There's some really interesting feedback there ! From what I've "researched" the 4K Firestick MAX looks good with its slightly improved spec, the Nvidia Shield has been a long term top contender for streaming, I DO like the look of the Formuler boxes. I worry a little about the ability to get a GOOD streaming internet connection to the firesticks - whereas the boxes (shield and Formuler) seem more suited to hard-wired cable. I see there is now Formuler V11 which have a high spec - but I just wonder if its necessary ? I am thinking a 4K firestick MAX in the black friday sales would be pretty good ! Just need decent apps and streaming service now !

Oct 9, 2022
Uk
Well you can use your mobile , 4K max does bang up job. I can’t see a difference between 4K max and nvidia tube if I’m honest I have both but 4K max half the price. They drop to about £35/40in sales and Amazon do recon ones for £40 occasionally they don’t last long but with a limit of 3 I can’t buy all on one account haha 😂 anyway best to buy 4K max if your on a budget if not grab a nvidia pro, just because ya can.

Nov 9, 2022
Glasgow
A great little streaming box is the Nokia 8000. Set this up for a 90yr old who needed a large/traditional remote.
Turns out it's a very stable and great functional device. I use Nvidia and a Firestick 4K max myself.

Oct 9, 2022
Uk
A great little streaming box is the Nokia 8000. Set this up for a 90yr old who needed a large/traditional remote.
Turns out it's a very stable and great functional device. I use Nvidia and a Firestick 4K max myself.
I run shield tube latest cube n 4K max but I’ve been looking at remote on the Nokia, looks to have a lot of functionality which I’ve always wondered whether would translate over to xciptv well. Anyway if I remember rightly reason I decided against Nokia was the ram? Doesn’t it only have 1 gig?, they missed a massive opportunity. For me personally I’d prefer to sit n wait on a shield tube on Facebook they pop up regularly for less than 4K max

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock