Question CHANGE APPNAME IN XCIPTV V6

• When asking for help or guidance - please ensure to check the `Question` box before completing your New Thread.
    This enables yourself and other users to vote for the best answer given and will help people find the best answer quicker in future!
    - Brain
Advertise with us

Welcome!
Join this incredible group of like-minded people and start discussing everything IPTV.
Register now
Jul 24, 2023
UK
Would anyone be willing to advise how you change the AppName in XCIPTV 6.0, as I've been trying to do it for ages without success !
I've tried changing it in strings.xml, but that just crashes the app when installed. Seems that it's comparing that entry to somewhere else, but I can't find where.

Any guidance anyone can give would be much appreciated

Jul 24, 2023
UK
I believe I've changed them in the app correctly in strings.xml and config.smali but wasn't aware it had to match the licence section in the panel, as was using an earlier version I got on here where I could put anything for the app name and it would still connect to the server.
Does it make a difference if the app is hardcoded and not panelled?

Brain

Retired
Staff member
Mar 11, 2022
Uranus
iptvapps.net
Replace the native calls, make sure A() and AN() functions are changed.

Jul 24, 2023
UK
Thanks @Brain , I think I have already done that but I'll double check
Hi @Brain , I've gone through my changes again and confirmed that I've changed AN() native call to this
.method private static AN()Ljava/lang/String;
.registers 1
invoke-static {}, Lcom/nathnetwork/orplayer/util/Config;->appname()Ljava/lang/String;
move-result-object v0
return-object v0
.end method

but can't find the instruction in Ian's tutorial on changing the native call for A()
but he did mention this.
Please note that at some point they stopped using the A(), V() and VC() methods. In this tutorial we are using 5.0.1-724 and wont include them but you are able to simply add them and make the necessary changes if needs be to make the version you are working with work. It is worth saying that the Version and Version Code are not really worth changing either so wont affect you if you decide to not use them at all.
As I'm trying to change it in 6.0 801 I had assumed what he said applied. AmI wrong?

Rick Sanchez

UmljayBQcmltZS9XZWlyZCBSaWNrIDop
Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
can someone help me out which xciptv here is without vpn i need to upload for playstore
Personally I dont think any Cracked Apk should be published in any official store without consequences to someone. You, Dev, Whoever!!!!
Why dont you use 1 of the App Stores we have on this site?
A lot of Apps & Panels have App Stores built in, so why go the way of publishing an illegal app & taking the chance of gettin someone in trouble?

If you want to go the route of publishing you own Official App?
There are ways to do this, & I am working with multiple Official Apk owners to Start posting Official Apks by the Official Owners to be able to publish if you like without getting into trouble.

Bare with us on this & keep looking as we will add a section in here for the Official Apks once this is all setup.

TY

Jul 24, 2023
UK
It's when I change it in strings.xml that the app breaks. I just can't find where else it can be that checks against that file
I've spent days trying to find where else the appname is held apart from in strings.xml file without luck.
Can anyone help me with this or suggest a resource for XCIPTV 6.0 hardcoded that is already setup to change the appname?

Rick Sanchez

Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
This should really be asked in the Post for the Apk u r asking about where the poster can put instructions for this to be done if they havent.

You can also double check these instructions on Nulling Xc Apks to see if everything was done correctly in the apk.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023
UK
This should really be asked in the Post for the Apk u r asking about where the poster can put instructions for this to be done if they havent.

You can also double check these instructions on Nulling Xc Apks to see if everything was done correctly in the apk.

This question was asked by others in the post for the APK but the poster did not respond, so I thought I would widen the question to the site community.
I have also gone through the instructions to Null XC apks a number of times to check I have it right and I have it the same.
This was successfully done on resource I bought for XC 5.0.1 so is v6.0 that different!

Rick Sanchez

Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
This question was asked by others in the post for the APK but the poster did not respond, so I thought I would widen the question to the site community.
I have also gone through the instructions to Null XC apks a number of times to check I have it right and I have it the same.
This was successfully done on resource I bought for XC 5.0.1 so is v6.0 that different!
6.0 isnt that different other than the edit in Strings xml.
What editor are you using? Apk Editor, MT Manager?
Maybe u need to create your own signiture for the Apks you edit.
Maybe the Apk you got wont allow it without a proper edit in the apk to change it.

Its hard to say, I havent seen many peeps having issues till now.

Jul 24, 2023
UK
6.0 isnt that different other than the edit in Strings xml.
What editor are you using? Apk Editor, MT Manager?
Maybe u need to create your own signiture for the Apks you edit.
Maybe the Apk you got wont allow it without a proper edit in the apk to change it.

Its hard to say, I havent seen many peeps having issues till now.
Thanks for the reply Rick
I'm using MT Manager VIP for editing and let it auto sign when making any changes. If I change it back to the original name and resign it works again but unable to change to anything else.
Have successfully added the DNS and changed the package name but the appname is being really stubborn to find.
It gets through the intro ok and shows the background but seems to crash when trying to load the username and password boxes
If you know of a V6 resource on here that would allow the app name change please advise and I will take a look

Reactions: Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez

Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
I'm using MT Manager VIP for editing and let it auto sign when making any changes. If I change it back to the original name and resign it works again but unable to change to anything else.
Have successfully added the DNS and changed the package name but the appname is being really stubborn to find.
It gets through the intro ok and shows the background but seems to crash when trying to load the username and password boxes
Maybe just go with not changing the App Name if it doesnt crash, & wait for another to be posted that is more friendly to Edit.
This is my only suggestion left.

Reactions: iptvblues

Rick Sanchez

Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
If you know of a V6 resource on here that would allow the app name change please advise and I will take a look
1 Last thing............

Did you try changing the Name in the libnative.so file, & replace with exact amount of characters the previous name has?
No More or no Less, or it will crash.

Jul 24, 2023
UK
No I've not, but I'll give it a go
Further update.
Tried what you suggested. First with name the same length and then by changing what I could find in libnative-lib.so but neither of them worked.
The frustration is that this is an untouched APK from ottrun, so the only changes are what I'm doing to try and change the app name from XCIPTV
I'm not seeing any posted resources of v6 that have this change so maybe it can't or hasn't been done yet on this version

Rick Sanchez

Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
Further update.
Tried what you suggested. First with name the same length and then by changing what I could find in libnative-lib.so but neither of them worked.
The frustration is that this is an untouched APK from ottrun, so the only changes are what I'm doing to try and change the app name from XCIPTV
I'm not seeing any posted resources of v6 that have this change so maybe it can't or hasn't been done yet on this version
Did U crack the Apk?
They dont work for editing till they are cracked, so they dont call home & break.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock