Question CHANGE APPNAME IN XCIPTV V6

• When asking for help or guidance - please ensure to check the `Question` box before completing your New Thread.
    This enables yourself and other users to vote for the best answer given and will help people find the best answer quicker in future!
    - Brain
Advertise with us

Welcome!
Join this incredible group of like-minded people and start discussing everything IPTV.
Register now
Jul 24, 2023
UK
Would anyone be willing to advise how you change the AppName in XCIPTV 6.0, as I've been trying to do it for ages without success !
I've tried changing it in strings.xml, but that just crashes the app when installed. Seems that it's comparing that entry to somewhere else, but I can't find where.

Any guidance anyone can give would be much appreciated

Rick Sanchez

UmljayBQcmltZS9XZWlyZCBSaWNrIDop
Staff member
⭐Winner
Mar 4, 2023
Multiverse
iptvapps.net
I've checked what I've done a number of times and all match the instructions. How does one get this debugger/ logger?
I'm using MT Manager for all editing
Try using VSCode & install addon debugger & run it in there.
I am not sure, as I am not an App Dev or Cracker. So I am just throwing ideas at U to try that I can think of.
Maybe use logcat or some logger to sniff what is going on.
If it or something is still calling home it will show in the logs when u open the app.
This is what I have been told in the past by devs, as they will help to give some info but want U to figure the rest. Like changing native files.

Jul 24, 2023
UK
Try using VSCode & install addon debugger & run it in there.
I am not sure, as I am not an App Dev or Cracker. So I am just throwing ideas at U to try that I can think of.
Maybe use logcat or some logger to sniff what is going on.
If it or something is still calling home it will show in the logs when u open the app.
This is what I have been told in the past by devs, as they will help to give some info but want U to figure the rest. Like changing native files.
Okay thanks, I'll give that a go

Reactions: Rick Sanchez
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock