Resource icon

Resource Xtream Codes - Stremio Addon 1.0.0

Register & Get access to index
Advertise with us

Welcome!
Join this incredible group of like-minded people and start discussing everything IPTV.
Register now

Abel

Respected
Aug 12, 2022
United States
This Thread had not been rated yet
Abel submitted a new resource:

Xtream Codes - Stremio Addon - A Stremio add-on for xtream codes iptv

I've been searching for a comprehensive app that offers high-quality streaming without the hassle of navigating through multiple apps to find the desired content.
My solution is a Stremio addon that I've developed, which is compatible with Xtream codes. This addon integrates channels directly into Stremio.
However, there's a minor limitation: most providers offer HTTP streams rather than HTTPS, which means the web and Android versions of Stremio won't support this addon.
It's specifically...

Read more about this resource...

This Thread had not been rated yet

Abel

Respected
Aug 12, 2022
United States
Although not directly related this document may help in finding a better way to handle insecure content via the browser based version:
This is a nice little trick to play streams on HTTPS but very hard to do on a mobile device, at least for Stremio and webplayers. Here is the hitch, when it comes to how these add-ons get content is due to the CORS policy. This is a rule that websites use to keep their content safe, and it can block Stremio from getting videos if the rules aren't followed, especially if the connection isn't secure (like when it's not using HTTPS). I am sure you already know that just relaying this information for others to understand when keeping up with our conversation.

If the addon tries to get content through a non-secure (HTTP) connection, Stremio is not able to show the video because the internet's safety rules (like CORS) stop it. Stremio's system doesn't always know how to switch from non-secure to secure connections and vice versa automatically, leading to these hiccups, this is the fault of their current SDK and how you build the backend.

In short, for Stremio to stream smoothly, it needs to deal with these internet safety rules better, especially regarding secure (HTTPS) connections, and redundancy to know when not to switch to HTTPS. At the moment it's doing everything through HTTPS. Regardless of the call. This is why a proxy is necessary unless someone can come up with a better idea, ideally, that fix would have all web players work as well through HTTPS without having to allow insecure content or switching to HTTP. All in all, I'm not 100% aware of where the hiccup is but I have managed to bypass it using a proxy. Hoping to find a better fix sooner rather than later since the SDK is open source I should be able to slightly change the code and how the addon performs. We will see in the next few weeks.

Reactions: Ian and Brain
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock